Getting Back Into the Word Count Saddle

Now that the wedding chaos has finally died down, I'm forcing myself back into a more intense writing schedule.  To my credit, I did keep up my daily writing!  How many words I got down on the page fluctuated greatly but Monday through Friday I would sit my butt in the chair and do something.

It was actually a nice way to spend the year.  I mentioned this before in earlier blogs but it allowed me the freedom to enjoy writing again.  I wasn't adding words for the word count sake, I was writing them because I liked the way they connected to each other.  Given everything else that was going on, it was perfect for the time.

But now it's not so perfect.

I have finally reached the mental state where publisher me has resurfaced.  Author me reigned supreme for too long!  The slowness in which I complete stories is now starting to bother me because it feels like I have too much to tell and never enough time to write.

So I'm forcing myself back into daily word counts again.  It feels good, actually.  I learned my lesson from my past writing schedule attempts: I kept the word count goal small.  Even though I had worked my way up to 800 words a day by the end of 2014, there is no way I would be able to just jump back into that without feeling frustrated.

As with everything, consistency is key.  Here's hoping that 2016 will see an uptick in Alain Gomez publications!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Hundred Eyes

Review of "Ferryman" by Nigel Edwards

Interview with Author Hugh Howey